Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Theophany

This will be the first year our priest is going down to the local river for a blessing of the waters, and the young boys of our parish are preparing to dive for the cross in record cold temperatures. Apparently some of the parents had their doubts as to whether this was truly an Orthodox tradition :) For those of you who doubt - enjoy the following images from Russia, New York and Florida.







And here is a link to the most beautiful Theophany pictures I have ever seen, I posted them last year, but they are worth a second look :)
Special Report: Epiphany Tampabay.com • St. Petersburg Times

One more: I just received this via email - a great video on Epiphany from St. Nicholas Cathedral in Tarpon Springs (where the above photos were taken)

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Ohhh noo too cold!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How cool is that! Or should I say how COLD is that! I can't wait to see pictures. Joyous Feast!

Pres. Kathy said...

How nice! I can't wait to see pics!

DebD said...

what fun! I can't wait to see photos too.